Performs and leads maintenance operations of production equipment during unscheduled downtime and scheduled preventative maintenance operations and also moving and commissioning of equipment. The Maintenance Technician works closely with CNC operators and leads, engineering department, manufacturing engineering department, and outside vendors to meet or exceed areas goals for Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Productivity as those metrics pertain equipment uptime, reliability, and process conformance.
This is a hands on role in which the Maintenance Technician will be goal orientated with a high degree of enthusiasm in order to reduce equipment downtime, prolong asset life, optimize equipment performance, and increase production efficiencies. This person will be wearing multiple hats every day leading repair efforts among multiple people and departments, troubleshooting equipment, developing process and procedures for continuous improvement, and making recommendations and performing equipment alterations and upgrades.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that machines are functioning to the best of their ability through repairs, installations and/or rebuilds of equipment and machinery.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate preventive maintenance standard operating procedures that help ensure that production priorities are met.
- Examine parts, machines and analyze information to determine needed installations, services, or repairs.
- Meet with Department Leads to discuss optimal machine operation.
- Meet with Machine Operators to discuss optimal machine operation.
- Meet with outside technical support to discuss repair.
- Develops schedules for work maintenance activities
- Inspect and monitor work areas, examine tools and equipment to ensure safety standards are met
- Operate a variety of tools and precision measurement tools in a safe and proficient manner.
- Inspect, test, and measure completed work to verify conformance to standards and repair requirements.
- Log all machine repairs that detail root cause and preventative measures of each service.
- Maintain daily work orders.
- Manage tool and part inventories, requisition materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment, and replacement parts.
- Receive new machines and equipment; assess, complete new machine checklist to get on-line, ensure smooth transition to MEG and Production.
- Assist team members as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 8 years of manufacturing experiencing or 4 years with engineering degree
- 3 years in CNC maintenance experience
- Preferred experience in CNC production with process troubleshooting capability with set-ups, tooling, and basic programming
- Knowledge of Lock out/Tag out